Come join our skilful team
Medicus is the fastest growing chain of fertility clinics in Norway, with clinics in Trondheim, Oslo, Stavanger, and soon in Bergen. At Medicus, we have worked on issues relating to women, fertility, and quality of life since 1997. We are passionate about our profession and ensuring that our patients receive the best treatment available. Now, there is a great opportunity for a permanent, full-time position at our clinic in Oslo. Are you our new colleague and senior embryologist at Medicus Fertility Center in Oslo, Norway?
What we’re looking for
We are seeking a highly motivated senior embryologist, with a passion for improving the success rates for our patients. The post is ideally suited for you with greater than 3 years of hands-on clinical experience. In other words, you who are fully trained in all aspects of clinical embryology. You need to have excellent attention to detail, be up to date with the latest advances in clinical embryology and aim for the highest level of quality in every task you undertake. A desire for constant improvement is a must. You must have excellent interpersonal skills, be a team player and be able to work independently.
A great opportunity
This is an exciting and rare opportunity. We are a rapidly expanding clinic chain, which gives you a unique position for personal development. And you will work closely with other skilled embryologists. Both locally and nationally. Our Oslo clinic has grown from 0 to more than 1000 cycles (fresh, frozen & fer) in just 3 years, and thus become one of the dominant fertility clinics in Norway.
A brand-new lab
Last autumn we’ve built a brand-new state-of-the-art lab built by specialists in IVF lab construction. We have equipped the lab with a dedicated ventilation system including the innovative Life Aire technology for the removal of VOCs to make sure the air is as clean as possible. Our labs are highly equipped and run using the latest technology, including Embryoscope+, RI Witness, Ideas EMR and Britannia Monitoring system.
You will be working alongside at least 4 other highly competent embryologists, and also enjoy the benefits of colleagues focused on quality management.
Clinical embryology and andrology assignments, including
- sperm analysis and sperm preparation,
- identification and selection of eggs during egg retrieval,
- IVF insemination and ICSI,
- cultivation and evaluation of embryos,
- selection of embryos for return, and
- freezing and thawing of eggs, embryos, and sperm.
Operation of the laboratory and quality work, including
- Participate in laboratory maintenance tasks and assist in validation within the laboratory.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Oversee the procurement of laboratory products and services.
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures.
- Meet laboratory Key Performance Indexes for all critical laboratory tasks.
- Assist in the implementation of decisions regarding the embryology area.
Patient communication, including
- updating patients on embryo development and
- communicating with them about other aspects of treatment as needed.
Qualifications and experience:
- bachelor's or master's degree in bioscience
- PhD or Masters in reproductive science is preferred
- Must have greater than 3 years of hands-on clinical embryology experience
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be in Europe and/or have European citizenship
- A willingness to learn Norwegian – relevant language skills are considered positive (e.g., understanding Scandinavian language).
At Medicus, we are proud of our history and our clinics and hope that you will be, too. For over 25 years, we have assisted women and couples in fulfilling their greatest wish, to become parents. We have helped bring more than 2,000 children into the world, participated in more than 45 clinical research studies, and helped thousands of women of all ages with their gynecological health.
Interested in the position?
Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter as well as a copy of their personal KPIs for various procedures if possible.
Application deadline: 5th of July